Thursday, November 19, 2009

Dear readers (all freakin' three of you),

Thanks for reading. You three are my starting point on the journey to total world domination, which in my mind looks something like the Emerald City, but that could be because I've got "If I Only Had a Brain" stuck in my head. Actually, now that I've spent a couple of minutes googling images of the Emerald City, maybe that's NOT what I think total world domination looks like. It kind of looks like it's giving me the finger. But that could be because I only got about two hours of sleep last night, I've got PMS, and I'm consequently kind of surly this morning. Screw you too, Emerald City.

Anyhow, I digress. Where the hell was I going with this?

...................

Alright, so it's been five minutes and I can't remember where I was going with this post. I guess I'll just share some of my favorite scraps of the interweb with you.

David Lynch has an awesome feature on his website called the Daily Weather Report. It's called that because that's exactly what it is. David Lynch readin' the weather for Los Angeles. Which is awesome. Especially the one time he did it in a cowboy hat, which sadly you can't get to anymore because it was September 21st's weather, not today's. Actually, today's weather is a little cartoon of a guy sawing a log. Equally awesome. However, by the time you look at it it may not be a guy sawing a log anymore. It might be an actual weather report, or perhaps a different cartoon. Hopefully you get to see the log sawing guy, though.

If you know me well, you'll know that I think David Lynch is pretty much the coolest guy in the world. I could almost say that I wish David Lynch was my Dad, but my Dad is the best Dad in the known universe and to say that would totally impugn his work. Maybe he could be an uncle or something. I've got some pretty terrific uncles too, so he'd fit right in. Regardless, Heath and I invited him to our wedding. I think Heath may still have the email from his secretary saying that he wouldn't be able to make it due to prior engagements. Sure, he probably never even saw the invitation, but I'd like to think that it came down to a decision between our wedding and Cannes or something of equal importance.

Hm. What next?

Texts From Last Night usually has something in it that makes me snort tea all over my computer screen once a day. Most of it is about rampant college drunkenness, which leads me to believe that a lot of people out there are having way more fun with their post-secondary education than I did. I mean, I had fun in university and everything, but not "I need rehab" kind of fun.

(The Customer Is) Not Always Right also makes me giggle like a lunatic and reminds me (sometimes painfully) of my 7-odd years in retail. You learn after that long that the customer is actually WRONG 95% of the time. That was kind of our store motto. Well, not "the customer is actually wrong 95% of the time", but "the customer is always wrong". You get what I mean.

That's enough rambling. I may be back for a do-over after I've had a nap and can remember what the heck I was going to post about in the first place.

Love,
Robynn

No comments:

Post a Comment