Monday, November 16, 2009

Dear husband,

I am truly thankful that I came home from work today and found that you had both cleaned the bathroom from top to bottom and done the laundry. I'm not being sarcastic. I genuinely am thankful. However, instead of giving me attitude yesterday when I asked if you might have time on your day off to do the laundry, leading me to believe that you weren't going to do it, you could have sucked it up and told me you'd get around to it. Why? Oh, maybe so I could have sorted it beforehand and thus ensured that all of my dryer-friendly stuff went in the dryer instead of hanging all around the apartment and all of my non-dryer-friendly underthings and whatnot didn't. It reminds me of my favorite line from Hedwig and the Angry Inch:

"You put a BRA in a DRYER?! How many times do I have to tell you?? You don't put a BRA in a DRYER! IT WARPS!!"

Love,
Robynn

1 comment: