Tuesday, August 23, 2011

And I'll see you in the branches that blow...

I had a demented morning.  Actually, it's been a bit of a weird week so far and it's only Tuesday.

I'm not feeling remarkably well, and haven't been since Saturday night - my suspicion is that I ate something that didn't agree with me.  In any case, food and I have been at distinct odds with one another for the past few days, and it's caused low energy, poor sleep, and a variety of screwed up dreams whenever I *do* get to sleep.

The screwed-up-edness has started working its way into my waking life as well.  Case in point, this morning.

I woke up, did all my regular morning-stuffs, and was on my way out the door, headphones around neck, when I noticed that my mascara was sitting on the counter.  I'm obsessive-compulsive, and that's not where it belongs.  It was also open.  Very atypical.  Upon closer inspection, I discovered that I'd only done one eye and looked like a ginger version of Alex from A Clockwork Orange on Casual Friday.  I went into the bathroom to fix myself, and had just finished up and was doing a quick once-over in the mirror to make sure there wasn't anything else crucial I'd forgotten (like pants) when my iPod decided to turn itself on without me knowing.  To this:

As one of the world's foremost Twin Peaks fans, it extra-weirded me out.

Logic:  "You woke up groggy from taking Gravol last night, and you're a little discombobulated this morning.  Stop being a freakin' weirdo and get thee to work."

Y'AAARGH.  BELOW BE SPOILERS.

My Brain:  "OMFG.  I'm Bob.  Crap.  Ohcrapohcrapohcrap.  How am I ever going to explain THIS one?"

And now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Love,
Robynn

Posted via email from the marvelous world of robynn holmström

No comments:

Post a Comment