Friday, April 22, 2011

On Random Events

This evening, I ventured home from the house of some friends of mine.  Since I was walking home alone and hate to be left to the devices of my own brain, I plugged myself into my iPod, put it on random, and went on my merry way.

Crossing Davie Street, I came across a gentleman standing on the opposite side of the road.  Frantically waving at me, he coerced me out of my walking-home stupor.  I figured he'd be asking for directions.

Gentleman:  Did you see what I did just then?

Me:  <pulls off headphones; last song playing on random was Alejandro by Lady Gaga>  Maybe?  I dunno.  What did you do?

Gentleman:  I got the light to change for you, just so you could come across the street and meet me.  All night I knew I would meet a gorgeous woman, and there you were.

Me: Oh.  Well, thanks for that, I guess.

Gentleman:  My name is Alejandro.

Me:  You're shitting me.

Gentleman:  Um.... no?

Me:  I have to go home now.  Like, NOW.

<end scene>

Posted via email from the marvelous world of robynn holmström

No comments:

Post a Comment